Monday, October 17, 2011

Rocket Science at Penn State Friday Oct. 21

The Penn State Musical Theater Conservatory will be presenting "Rocket Science" - reworked since the LA Music Theater Festival and we are excited to see the changes and how everything falls into place. Jason and I are driving out to see it on Friday, Oct. 21, in front of a small audience, and two formal readings will follow -one in Philadelphia on December 5th at The Walnut Street Theater and then on the 10th at the PSU Campus.

Penn State holds a special place in our family - my parents eloped and were married there at the Nittany Lion Inn. I've only been there one time before - my brother and I took our father to a PSU football game for his 80th birthday and it was a real highlight. We went to the old wing of the Nittany Lion Inn and saw where they were married. It was a very emotional and moving weekend. We also beat Temple on a rainy Saturday afternoon, but it was incredible being in that stadium.

So I'm coming back to the place where it all started - where the past collides with the present and hopefully, paves the way to the future for our show.

No comments: